Friday 28 November 2014

Black Friday Madness

It's been an interesting evening, starting off with staying up late and heading down to my local Tesco for 12am. As my store is a 24hour store it was already open and there was a nice little crowd forming.
As per usual the Tesco staff were not at all prepared, I got there at roughly 11:50pm and by 11:58pm there were even more people and the products weren't all on the shelf... Then more madness struck.
12am hit and it was a mad dive, the three flat screen TV's just disappeared and a few coffee machines too... And there was an alrpund muttering of "But wait there are any prices"
So we all stood there, waiting. Some people grabbed things whilst they waited other just stood confused. a slight bit different to other Tesco store who had surges of people and crazyness. Some of the photos I've seen of those stores, well *shudders* I'm glad that wasn't mine.

So the Tesco staff come back with prices around 12:10, and I got two NowTV boxes for half price. A pretty good deal really when one month of NOWTV entertainment costs £7.99 and the box I brought contained a three month pass. That's three months for £10!!
Now my other bargain wasn't as simple. There was just one left and no price still. It was a heavy item so I didn't fancy holding it but bent enough to be touching it and got more protective every time someone else even glanced at it.... Eventually the crowd (all 30 or so of us) settled  and people started to go off to buy there things. I hung back and spoke to some Tesco employees only to hear that what I wanted wasn't coming through at a reduced price. But after more chatting and checking it did... Retail is £179.99.. The price I should have paid last night? £69.99
Yes!

So I go down the cashiers, and I'm also told that there's a few TV's down there as well but I'm not interested, and it's quite a FAFF to sort. It won't scan through at the reduced price :( in the end they did a manual override for a wonderful £69.... Yes even cheaper (99p is still cheaper!!)
So I'm wonderfully happy, the only sad thing is that because it didn't go through as the original item I didn't get any bonus points like with the NOWTV boxes ... Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment