Wednesday 26 November 2014

Homemade Bread in a Bread Machine

We own a Panasonic bread maker SD206....
It was given to us by a relative who no longer uses it and though we might. although we've had it a while we haven't made much, 2 basic loaves (1 on rapid & 1 on normal setting) and 1 cheese and bacon loaf.

We did get an instruction manual with the machine but its half English half German and has a major lack of recipes. I think there may have been another manual. Anyway some searching on google lead me to this blog and a option to download a scanned in copy. Result :-)


Although I like the taste of homemade bread I find it goes stale quite quickly. The last loaf made was a plain and we ended up with both crusts at the end. They had started going stale so I chopped them into small cubes and stuck them in the over to go crispy - wahoo croutons for our salad! 


This is the ingredients list for the basic loaf (medium size I think) including what it cost me to make :

1 TSP yeast (5g)                                3p
425g Flour.                                       23p
1 tablespoon  Sugar (15g).              1p
1 tsp Salt (5g).                                    1p
15g Butter.                                          3p
1.5 tablespoons Dry milk (22g).    13p
Water 310ml

Total cost - 44p


The next thing I want to try is making bread in the slow cooker... 

No comments:

Post a Comment